Casio Computer Co., Ltd. plans to release the IT-9000 Handheld Printer Terminal in February 2012. This new model is claimed to be ideally suited for operations that require on the spot printing; such as receipts for mobile retail transactions, receipts and tickets for public transportation, and the issuance of tickets for parking and traffic violatzons.
The IT-9000 is an all-in-one handheld printer terminal equipped with a built-in thermal printer and near field communication (NFC) reader/writer designed for contactless smart cards and radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags. Options include a C-MOS Imager for scanning 1D and 2D symbologies, a magnetic card reader, 3G wireless WAN capable of high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA), GPS capabilities, and a colour auto-focus digital camera.
The IT-9000 can read data that has been recorded on cards or tags, and scan barcode symbologies printed on labels or other materials. It can also access data via wireless WAN or wireless LAN and print tickets, receipts or labels using the fast integrated thermal printer.
The IT-9000 allows users to send images captured with its built-in auto-focus colour digital camera, data such as positional information determined using the GPS function and records of issued tickets and receipts to back office systems.
Designed with superior security, the IT-9000 can be used securely for solutions where important information is handled. If the device is lost or stolen, the data it holds can be erased remotely via a command sent by an administrator over the wireless WAN network. The NFC reader/writer can be used to verify an operator's login credentials using a contactless smart card. Secure Access Module (SAM) slots are available on-board for use if even higher security is required.
The IT-9000 features a 9.4-centimeter (3.7-inch) VGA Blanview LCD with touch panel that delivers excellent visibility both indoors and outdoors yet consumes far less power than conventional LCDs. The device is compliant with IP54 dustproof and splash proof standards, and it can withstand drops of up to 1.5 meters, making it suitable for deployment in a wide variety of challenging environments.
- Integrated, fast thermal printer enables on the spot issuing of tickets, receipts, and other documents
- GPS and HSDPA-capable 3G wireless WAN with high-speed data transfer up to 7.2Mbps downstream
- The 802.11b/g standard wireless LAN is ideal for sending and receiving data in office or depot environments, particularly when reports are uploaded for processing after operators return from working in the field.
- Equipped with an NFC reader/writer for contactless smart cards and ISO 15693 approved RFID tags
- The C-MOS Imager can read 1D and 2D barcode symbologies with high speed and accuracy
- 2.0-megapixel digital camera with an auto focus function
- The magnetic card reader can be used for credit card transactions
Casio's IT-9000 series features a line-up of six models, all of which can be used in a wide variety of operations that require printing on the spot, including usage as a mobile point-of-sale (POS) terminal that can issue: electricity, gas, or water meter reading slips; sales invoices and bills issued at a visit site; and receipts for customers onsite.