International prepaid and FX solutions provider, SCL predicts that delivering tangible 'value adds' will be crucial to the success of retail IT providers in 2012. As retailers demand 'more for less' it anticipates a forging of new mutually beneficial relationships as vendors team up to leverage combined capabilities and reach. This will result in better integrated solutions that unlock even greater operational efficiencies and cost savings for customers.
The company whose customers include major international retailers, financial organisations and travel companies, is already embracing this new symbiotic approach with several key partners - including Commidea, Experion, GB Group, Self Service Networks, International Reference Systems, Pericom and PostCode Anywhere - to create more convenient and innovative prepaid and foreign exchange services and systems.
Working with leading 'niche' technology suppliers is allowing it to fast-track new NFC and contactless, identity, inventory and security solutions to make the selling of gift cards, value loaded items and foreign exchange simpler, faster and more secure.
Ray Stanton, Managing director of SCL comments, "Balancing cost, service and convenience is a real challenge for retailers. Current pressures have left many trying to do more for less. Our automated FX and gifting solutions help them do this like never before. By partnering with industry leading providers, we can extend the operational value of our globally proven, PCI compliant UltraPoS platform to deliver new benefits and revenue opportunities for anyone looking to automate the sale of 'stored value' cards/devices or the sale and buyback of foreign currency."
Current partnerships include:
- Commidea: The UK's leading card payment processing system provider can integrate UltraPoS into its range of PCI DSS compliant multichannel payment solutions. Current developments include specialist NFC devices including 'value-loaded' wristbands for events.
- Experion: Identity Authenticate is used to check and validate customer addresses and identity in just a few seconds. QAS Pro enables UltraPoS to get a full address from a postcode and premise number; reducing the risk of a contact record being incorrectly entered into the database.
- GB Group
- Online identity verification tools ensures your customer is who they say they are. By comparing customer data given against independent, external data sources, it can confirm to a high degree of accuracy if the information is correct or not.
- International Reference Systems: IRS's dynamic banknote verification system has been integrated with UltraPoS meaning that customers can check the validity of notes they're buying during the transaction.
- Pericom: SCL have recently agreed to become resellers for Pericom's new range of customisable LED rateboards.
- Postcode Anywhere: Business efficiency tools from this award-winning software and "information-as-a-service" provider is now used to optimise UltraPoS.
- Self-Service Networks: This global provider of turnkey self-service kiosk now integrates UltraPoS with GiftWise; enabling prepaid cards to be sold cost effectively via self-service kiosks.