At Retail Expo, Earl's Court, London, network security and compliance management company, RandomStorm, is showcasing its range of specialist products and services developed to help merchants and payment service providers to ensure that their networks are compliant with the latest Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS v2.0).
RandomStorm offers a suite of integrated security assessment products incorporating ecommerce application vulnerability scanning services, IT network vulnerability assessment products and consultancy services. These help merchants to protect cardholder data and meet the rigorous security standards required to achieve PCI compliance, as well as monitoring and maintaining security on a continuous basis.
RandomStorm is a PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and in January 2013 the company achieved global Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) status for the sixth successive year.
Commenting on the company's decision to attend Retail Expo, Robin Hill, co-founder of RandomStorm said, "All companies that process payment card transactions need to undergo an annual security audit of their systems to prove compliance to their card issuers, but this just confirms that they are compliant at the time of the audit."
"Our compliance management platform and range of professional services are designed to take retailers through the compliance process and ensure that they can maintain a high security posture between their annual audits. This not only helps to prevent a potentially costly data security breach but also helps to streamline the annual compliance process, saving resource and budget. We are looking forward to attending our first Retail Expo so that we can share the experience and expertise that we have gained from supporting merchants of all sizes."
Products on show at Retail Expo Booth 856 include:
- StormAgent: provides continuous log management and file integrity monitoring for merchants' networked assets
- WebStorm: scans retailers' Web applications and ecommerce sites for common Web vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS), which hackers can exploit to gain access to back-office systems where cardholder data is stored
- MicroStorm: a compact plug and play, integrated security assessment appliance that is ideal for retailers with multiple smaller premises that all need to be monitored for PCI DSS compliance
- iStorm: enables retailers to regularly scan their internal networks for new vulnerabilities to help them to remain PCI compliant between scheduled audits
- RandomStorm StormCore Management Platform: correlates information from all of RandomStorm's scanning modules onto StormCore, providing IT and retail business managers with a unified, graphical representation of the real-time health of the network, together with remediation advice on any critical vulnerability threatening the company's security.
In addition to its scanning products, RandomStorm's world-class security consultants can manage the whole PCI compliance process as well as offering merchants a range of specialist support services including Penetration Testing, Web application testing, ASV network scanning, QSA auditing and compliance sign-off. The company is a CESG CHECK security consultancy and certified as a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and ASV by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council.