Retail Business Technology Expo (RBTE) 2013 has firmly made its mark on the retail calendar with its most successful show yet, attracting 7,188 visitors – up by 16.5% on last year's show – and that's in spite of the bad weather that shut down many travel networks.
Major retailers battled through the snow to see the very best that retail has to offer, with over 300 innovative exhibitors and a comprehensive education programme which featured leading retailers including keynote presentations from Julian Burnett, Head of IT Architecture at John Lewis and Graham Benson, IT Director, MandM Direct whose sessions were standing room only.
Early feedback has provided RBTE with its visitor's stamp of approval, describing the show as fantastic, with a great turn out and an excellent education programme. RBTE also set twitter alight, with tweets about the show flooding Twittersphere and creating a great buzz around the show, which included comments such as:
- Alistair Edwards: 'Loved @rbtexpo some great new technology and brilliant networking event, thanks for another exceptional show this year.'
- APG Cash Drawer: 'The entrance to the 2013 @RBTExpo. What a great show! Thanks to all that stopped by to visit us. See you next year.'
- Vista Mark Townsend: 'Great show #rbte @rbtexpo Looking forward to next year already... '
- Omnico: 'Thank you to everyone @rbtexpo! It was a great couple of days'
- P.W. Circuits Ltd '@rbtexpo yesterday was excellent, looking forward to next year's show. Saw some great technology, lots of networking - superb exhibition'
- Hslmobile: 'Excellent expo @rbtexpo ! Great networking and met interesting new prospects.'
- Starmount: 'We've enjoyed spending a few days in London & the @rbtexpo with some terrific retailers and fellow solution providers'
- PCMS Group: '#RBTE ...and its over for another year! The last 2 days have been excellent - another informative and successful year at @rbtexpo.'
- TNS: 'We are nearing the end of #rbte 2013. It has been a great show and lots of interesting sessions. Thanks @rbtexpo for another great year.'
- Sarah Williams: 'Such a good day @rbtexpo'
- So Purple: 'Fantastic day and great response to @Purplewifi @RBTEXPO yesterday. Looking likewise today'
- Julian Polzella: 'Some interesting companies at @rbtexpo this time... really enjoying the short and snappy @pechakucha seminars #RBTE'
- Ugne Melzbakaite: '@rbtexpo great panel discussion on #payments #mobilepayments #e-commerce #p2p #retail'
- JeremyKingPCI: 'Great first day @Vendorcom @rbtexpo glad to see so many people at the event. hope second day just as good. Another good lineup'
- Eirpoint: 'Well done to @rbtexpo for fascinating insight into #RetailTech great to see companies pushing innovation in retail'
Nick Field, Event Director, Retail Business Technology Expo, said, "The cold weather certainly didn't put off visitors to RBTE with a great attendance on both days. They got to see a great range of new technology from exhibitors with plenty of innovation on show and lots of opportunities to see how it works. The conference sessions were packed out offering real education and inspiration and our bite sized Pecha Kucha seminars have proved really popular once again."
New features for 2013 included the Retailer Advice Centre which proved a great success, providing visitors with free consultancy from leading experts on a wide range of subjects from international expansion to NFC. The Innovation Theatre put the most exciting new products and solutions under the spotlight, while the Pecha Kucha challenge made its return for the second year running and proved to be very popular with visitors looking for short and snappy informative seminar sessions.
The dates for RBTE 2014 have been announced as March 11th & 12th.