Zebra Technologies Corporation, the global provider products and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations' assets, people and transactions, has announced its participation in LogiMAT 2015 in Stuttgart Feb. 10 – 12 (hall 4, stand 4C31). Zebra will exhibit its latest solutions for increased visibility, transparency and productivity across the entire supply chain, with focused demonstrations on how transport and logistics (T&L) providers can optimise their supply chain management and customer service.
Zebra Technologies' portfolio for T&L is enhanced following its October 2014 acquisition of Motorola Solutions' Enterprise business, with state-of-the-art asset-tracking solutions incorporating mobile computing, data capture and wireless LAN, to complement barcode, RFID, real-time locating systems and Zatar, Zebra's cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
Real time communications
Zebra will showcase its portfolio of mobile computing solutions designed to enhance efficiency and visibility within the entire supply chain. Highlights include the TC55 touch computer, which combines the best features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS. The Workabout Pro 4 rugged mobile computer is one of the industry's most modular products – enabling businesses to customize the device to meet their mobile workers' specific needs. The WT41N0 wearable terminal, a hands-free voice and multi-modal wearable mobile computer for voice-directed applications, offers real-time access to inventory and supply chain information – improving productivity, accuracy and decision-making at the point of work.
- Zebra will also show the QLn series of wireless mobile printers. These printers feature Zebra Link-OS environment, which pairs a software development kit and software applications with smart Zebra devices for easy integration and management from any location. Through Link-OS, the printers can connect to, and be managed via the cloud. They feature near-field communication (NFC) functionality, which allows a user to tap a compatible device, such as a smartphone, to the printer to get quick access to troubleshooting materials, including video tutorials. This functionality also allows for easy Bluetooth pairing or to launch a specific application.
- The highly scalable WLAN solutions from Zebra enable high-speed data transfer, video streaming and other multimedia-rich applications in the warehouse and on the loading ramp, which require high bandwidth. The Zebra's WLAN portfolio includes access points and wireless controllers as well as high-performance WLAN security and management technologies such as the WiNG 5 WLAN, enabling workers to use wireless solutions more efficiently and productively.
Warehouse management solutions
- Especially suited for manufacturing and warehouse management applications, Zebra will present its Symbol TC70 touch computer - the enterprise-class mobile computer running the Android KitKat operating system - combining the ease of use of a smartphone with the purpose-built durability, reliability and performance that businesses demand. The TC70 is supported by more than 50 certified applications, including inventory and asset management, workforce management and voice communications.
- Particulary well-suited to meet the manufacturing industry's demand, the ZD500R desktop Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID printer/encoder is ideal for applications such as asset tracking. The compact, full-featured RFID printer/encoder is designed for ease-of-use in applications where technical support may be limited or users are not RFID-knowledgeable.
- Zebra will also showcase TekSpeech Pro, an enhanced voice-directed solution that improves the productivity and efficiency of mobile workers in warehouses, distribution centers and other logistics environments. TekSpeech Pro is ideal for core warehouse applications such as voice-direct and multi-modal picking, replenishment and put-away.
Zebra Technologies will exhibit its tracking and visibility transport and logistics solutions together with its partners: Acteos GmbH & Co. KG, GLOBOS GmbH, identWERK GmbH, Integer Solutions GmbH, Opal Solutions GmbH.
Zebra Technologies' Expert Presentations at LogiMAT 2015
"IoT and visibility in transport and Logistics"
Presentation by Daniel Dombach, Director EMEA Industry Solutions Group, at the LogiMAT "Innovations Forum" in Hall 7 on February 10, 10 am to 10.30 am.
"IoT in Logistics"
Presentation by Daniel Dombach, Director EMEA Industry Solutions Group, Zebra Technologies, at the Ident LogiMAT Forum - Forum VI in hall 4 -on February 11, 3:25 pm to 3:40 pm.