Tyco Retail Solutions has announced the commercial availability of its Sensormatic Synergy Series to deliver added value for its global retail customers. Tyco's next generation portfolio of intelligent, extensible and modular Acousto-Magnetic (AM)/RFID detection systems leverage the power of multiple technologies -- connected in one pedestal -- to help retailers enhance loss prevention efforts and optimise store performance.
With Synergy's network-ready, interconnected devices, retailers can take their loss prevention program to the next level. The Synergy Series helps maximise retailers' Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) investments by providing a clear migration path to RFID technology and by gathering valuable shopper, inventory and EAS intelligence to drive better store performance.
Synergy seamlessly integrates different technologies including AM, RFID, Video and Traffic, which feed critical and actionable data to Tyco's TrueVUE reporting platform for increased store intelligence and optimal retailer value. Its data intelligence capabilities also offer retailers a building block to future Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
Featuring a contemporary and sleek design, the Synergy Series offers a variety of options and accessories to complement almost any retail environment. This scalable portfolio of intelligent pedestals can be easily retrofitted to read RFID tags, providing retailers with visibility into shrink, shopper behaviour and inventory. Providing storefront visibility, Synergy enables retailers to understand when, which, and how many items are stolen while identifying trends in merchandise loss and shoplifting events, and integrating video-capture for post event forensic analysis.
Flexible and modular, the Synergy Series delivers numerous advantages to enhance loss prevention, including:
- Superior Sensormatic anti-theft protection in high noise environments
- Video verification of EAS alarm events via integration with surveillance cameras
- Add-on mounted camera for high quality, close up images during alarm events
- Enhanced jammer and metal foil detection to combat organised retail crime
- Remote EAS device management and monitoring
Synergy's interconnectivity of EAS, traffic and inventory intelligence also offers a broad-range of benefits for optimizing store performance to help retailers:
- Maximize valuable floor selling space
- Track customer visits and increase conversion rates leveraging integrated traffic sensors
- Enhance EAS value with modular, connected, RFID-ready systems
- Effectively manage EAS system power and save up to 90% when no customer traffic is present without performance degradation
"Our next generation Synergy Series helps our retail customers leverage the value of their EAS investment and gain a clear migration path to RFID for improving operations and profitability," said Nancy Chisholm, President, Tyco Retail Solutions. "A breakthrough system like Synergy is just one example of how Tyco is unleashing the power of innovation to solve key issues for our customers. Synergy delivers genuine Sensormatic performance and quality retailers have trusted for nearly 50 years to help protect their bottom line.