Barracuda Networks, Inc. and Zscaler, Inc. are collaborating to bring customers comprehensive, scalable and high-performance cloud-based web security without the cost, complexity, or overhead associated with extensive on-premises equipment.
Barracuda customers will now have access to Zscaler's cloud-delivered internet security service, and the relationship enables Zscaler to access Barracuda's proven go-to-market channels for the SME/midmarket.
"Barracuda's powerful security solutions provide customers with a complete and affordable way to easily manage security across their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside — on-premises, virtual, or in cloud environments," said Sanjay Ramnath, vice president of security products at Barracuda. "This collaboration extends our platform's cloud security functionality by utilizing Zscaler's highly scalable security service to protect users accessing the internet from anywhere, using any device."
"Barracuda's success in servicing young companies and midmarket enterprises with a comprehensive platform of easy-to-use security and data protection solutions speaks for itself," said Punit Minocha, vice president of business development at Zscaler. "This joint effort brings together Zscaler's ability to provide high-performance, cloud-delivered internet security with Barracuda's experience in the small and midsize market to provide comprehensive security that is easy to deploy at an affordable price."
Adoption of Cloud Services Requires Security in the Cloud
As many midsize organizations expand their operations, they increasingly rely on cloud services and SaaS applications, like Office 365 and Salesforce, to improve productivity, reduce costs, and provide business-critical resources to an increasingly distributed workforce. For them, the internet is the new corporate network, and their IT departments need to secure all users from rapidly evolving attacks and enforce company policy regardless of where employees are located or what devices they are using. The Zscaler cloud-delivered protection that powers the Barracuda Web Security Service provides this capability.
Barracuda Web Security Service Powered by Zscaler
The Barracuda Web Security Service is a multi-tenant, cloud-delivered internet security service that includes the following key capabilities:
- Inline threat protection with multiple layers of security, providing comprehensive inbound and outbound content inspection of all traffic in order to prevent malware and botnet attacks.
- Inspection of encrypted SSL traffic.
- Signature-based anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware protection.
- Advanced protection against zero-day malware and advanced persistent threats.
- URL filtering to prevent users from accessing malicious sites and objectionable material.
- Application security and control for mobile and cloud applications.
- Real-time reporting that correlates activity for all users in an organization, even on a global level.