MicroStrategy Incorporated, provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software, has announced the general availability of MicroStrategy on AWS.
With MicroStrategy on AWS, users can be up and running on MicroStrategy 10 in the AWS cloud, and will have instant access to an on-demand business intelligence platform that delivers enterprise analytics, reporting, and dashboarding capabilities, within minutes.
"By offering MicroStrategy on AWS, we're making it easy for anyone, anywhere, to use the MicroStrategy platform and intelligently collaborate around analytics," said Michael J. Saylor, CEO, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Combined with our free MicroStrategy Desktop product, users can immediately create a cloud environment on AWS and connect to a centralised server where they can work together, share, and maintain governance over datasets and dashboards. This new offering marks a significant achievement in helping organizations access and deploy transformative analytics applications on AWS in minutes."
MicroStrategy on AWS represents an optimised version of the MicroStrategy 10 platform built specifically for deployment on AWS. Organisations can now leverage more than 20 AWS services, together with the MicroStrategy 10 platform, to rapidly deploy new enterprise analytics and mobility environments in minutes.
The new MicroStrategy on AWS solution offers:
- A provisioning portal for administrators to create and deploy dedicated cloud environments with MicroStrategy 10 on to AWS infrastructure;
- Administrative tools that deliver automation and scheduling of routine tasks, making it easy to start, stop, resize, and terminate;
- The full breadth of MicroStrategy 10 capabilities, including enterprise data discovery, enterprise reporting and dashboards, optimised connectors to hundreds of databases, personalized distribution capabilities, powerful predictive analytics, and more;
- The ability to deploy mobile productivity apps that can be customised with branded transaction-enabled workflows, and tailored to any business function or role; and,
- Cloud-specific RESTful APIs that provide flexibility to create custom workflows and build personalised administrative interfaces to automate operations.
Desktop Analytics for Departmental Teams and SMBs
Combined with our free MicroStrategy Desktop product, departmental teams and businesses that previously didn't have access to governed analytics can now leverage MicroStrategy on AWS to deliver analytics in a more collaborative and secure manner. MicroStrategy Desktop users can publish dashboards into MicroStrategy on AWS, and share content securely with others. In addition, teams can go beyond MicroStrategy Desktop capabilities and leverage enterprise BI features available through the MicroStrategy platform, like report and dashboard personalisation with pixel-perfect formatting, automated information updates and distribution, mobile productivity apps, and more.
New Possibilities for Existing MicroStrategy Customers
Existing MicroStrategy customers who have on-premises deployments will now have the ability to spin up cloud-based test and development environments to try the latest MicroStrategy product features. With MicroStrategy issuing releases that introduce new features on a regular basis, MicroStrategy on AWS gives customers the ideal platform to test new features without having to upgrade their production environments. In addition to being able to deliver a new low-cost development and staging environment, MicroStrategy on AWS is also a fast and easy way to build new projects as customers scale their MicroStrategy deployments to new departments and teams.
Empowering MicroStrategy Technology Partners
With MicroStrategy on AWS, technology partner organizations can have access to the latest version of MicroStrategy, and all the newest features and capabilities. MicroStrategy technology partners can now leverage MicroStrategy on AWS to demonstrate the value of their joint solutions to prospective customers. With minimal effort and hardware investment, technology system integrators and channel partners can build, test, and showcase powerful dashboard and reporting applications.