Talend, the cloud and big data integration solutions provider, has unveiled a new version of Talend Integration Cloud (TIC), the company's highly scalable and secure integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) solution, which leverages the power of the cloud to enable widespread use of data for decision making.
The new release includes a cloud-based version of Talend Data Preparation, which delivers data-as-a-service, 24x7, to a variety of business roles, while allowing IT to maintain control and governance over enterprise information. Available immediately for trial, Talend Data Preparation Cloud accelerates time-to-insight by 3x so companies can more efficiently utilize data as a strategic asset to improve business performance and competitiveness.
"Data is the new 'oil' that fuels businesses today. To effectively advance business objectives and become truly data-driven, companies must empower all members of the organisation to access, qualify, analyze and apply information to their daily job functions," said Ashley Stirrup, CMO for Talend. "The Fall '17 release of Talend Integration Cloud makes it easier to scale self-service access to enterprise data so employees can make more informed decisions, faster."
According to Gartner, "analytics users spend the majority of their time either preparing data for analysis or waiting for data to be prepared for them [by IT]. Self-service data preparation is an iterative agile process for exploring, combining, cleaning and transforming raw data into curated datasets for data science, data discovery, and BI and analytics." Additionally, Gartner forecasts by 2019, data and analytics organizations that provide agile, curated internal and external datasets for a range of content authors will realize twice the business benefits of those that do not.
Across all industries, intensely data-driven companies are changing the rules of competition. A recent survey showed that an actively engaged workforce drives 15 percent more profitability, is 30 percent more productive, and has 12 percent higher customer engagement. Talend Data Preparation Cloud makes it easier for companies to engage their entire workforce with self-service access to reliable, accurate information, so employees can shape relationships with customers, partners and key stakeholders to advance the business.
"Talend Data Preparation Cloud has a very clean, easy to use interface, which allows us to get value out of our enterprise data much faster. The visualizations are key for us and will allow us to analyze data and return it to our customers quickly. We also love that it's cloud based, so no servers to maintain and it just works," said Jermaine Ransom, VP, Data Services, DMD Connects. "We often get data from the last 40 years that has several quality issues. Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows us to get it cleaned up quickly so we can make sense of it and put it to good use in our daily operations."
Talend Data Preparation Cloud: Run by the Business, Operationalized by IT
Talend Data Preparation Cloud is a governed, on-demand, data preparation application–with nothing to install, upgrade or maintain–that can be up and running in seconds. For line-of-business professionals, the Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows them to:
- Have self-service access to any data source
- Get trusted information for use in their daily activities
- Collaborate with peers on data preparations
- Access sanctioned data coming from SaaS apps, cloud databases, or on-premises sources
- Mask sensitive data from specific parties
- Share their data preparations with IT so they can be operationalized across the enterprise.
For IT professionals, Talend Data Preparation Cloud allows them to:
- Instantaneously deliver an intuitive, web-based tool that enables business users to access, cleanse, analyze and utilize enterprise data
- Empower their line-of-business counterparts with greater insight so they can do their jobs better
- Manage role-based access to enterprise information
- Oversee data quality and governance policies, so they can maintain the accuracy and security of enterprise information
- Operationalize user preparations at enterprise scale
- Concentrate on more pressing IT operational needs because Talend Data Preparation Cloud is fully managed by Talend.
"We already had a positive experience with the Desktop version of Talend Data Preparation, which enabled our users to quickly explore, cleanse, and analyse large volumes of data. So, moving to the enterprise, cloud-based version made sense to scale our return," said Xavier Diab, CIO, M2oCity. "We've since found the cloud-based version goes even further by broadening access to more internal and external data sources with increased compute power. The intuitive, user friend interface is the key attribute of this new application because it allows business experts to easily apply data to the heart of their daily activities with little training. Additionally, the cloud version enables data to be democratized, leveraged and shared across users and the organisation, augmenting its value."
Accelerating Time-to-Insight 3X
Talend Data Preparation Cloud accelerates time-to-insight by improving access to information across three different dimensions: time needed to access information, time spent preparing data, and time spent in exchanges with IT on data sets.
- From a business user perspective, Talend Data Preparation Cloud:
- Shrinks the time needed to access a qualified dataset by making it accessible via web-based application, eliminating the need for multiple exchanges with IT
- Reduces the time it takes to prepare data for analysis thanks to an intuitive user interface with guided steps for cleansing, qualifying, etc.
- From an IT perspective, Talend Data Preparation Cloud:
- Optimizes time-to-delivery by eliminating the back-and-forth design cycles between central IT and the business, which speeds project completion.
"Most companies know, at least anecdotally, that poor quality data wastes time, increases costs, weakens decision making, angers customers, and makes it more difficult to execute any sort of data strategy," said Stewart Bond, research director for IDC's Data Integration Software service. "To improve data quality, engage line-of-business workers in the data stewardship process, providing tools that can surface quality issues through to resolution. Integrated, accessible, trustworthy and protected data is helping companies find new routes to market, remain competitive and drive growth."
The Fall '17 release of Talend Integration Cloud also introduces new features to enhance the customer experience such as:
- Portal-based access to all role-based applications including Talend Data Preparation Cloud
- A new management console with improved user interface
- A Job Execution API with new and updated operations for starting and enumerating jobs
- Cloud-based version of Talend Studio Project Management and Project Authorization using Source Control (Git) to help extend product capabilities to teams.
 Gartner, "Market Guide for Self-Service Data Preparation," Rita Salam, Paddy Forry, Ehtisham Zaidi, Shubhangi Vashisth, August 2016.