Digital Gateway, Inc., a subsidiary of ECi Software Solutions, has announced the release of version 8.5 of its e-automate software for the service technology industry. This latest version of the software provides even more features and tools designed to further help dealers with printing services and device management, as well as advanced security features and many others. Version 8.5 of e-automate has simplified many processes. Of the new features and functionality, many were included based on feedback and input from the e-automate user group. Some of the new feature highlights:
- Field-level security allows specific fields in e-automate to be locked, hidden or unlocked depending on the user role.
- Billing repeated Block Time enables users to sell support by hours per month, which is very useful for dealers providing managed services.
- Meter bypass allows a service call tech to skip meter entry for inoperable or unmetered equipment. In previous versions, a duplicate meter was required on such equipment to allow the service tech to perform work.
- Service contract enhancements include the ability to bill multiple frequencies on one contract and a messaging feature to alert servicing personnel of issues to address before invoicing a client.
- The ability to fulfil multiple sales orders on a single invoice is now available. This allows dealers to create orders for equipment going to multiple locations and fulfil those orders on a single invoice.
"We are excited and proud to present this latest version of e-automate," said Laryssa Alexander, President of ECi's Service Technology Division. "It provides many features that make day-to-day tasks more efficient. But it also has added features that directly benefit those who are expanding their offerings through managed services. It is our goal to keep e-automate on the cutting edge of this very important component of the service industry as we continue our focus on helping customers to grow their businesses and prosper. We'll feature sessions on version 8.5 at our upcoming Connect Conference in November so that users can learn to get the most out of the latest features."