Epson has announced the TM-T88VI, a state-of-the-art new receipt printer designed to work with both traditional PC-based POS systems and increasingly popular web and mobile setups.
This makes it ideal for shop, bar and restaurant owners who want to develop new ways of interacting with customers, and also for those who just want to run a combined or traditional setup.
As well as versatility, the TM-T88VI offers outstanding performance, with print speeds of up to 350mm/s, and Epson's proven reliability. A backward paper-feeding function helps save paper without affecting performance, reducing running costs and paper waste.
Dave Massam, product manager at Epson UK, says, "Many businesses, especially in the retail and restaurant sectors, are keen to explore how web and mobile POS solutions can improve efficiency and customer satisfaction, but don't want to commit to an entirely new system straight away. The TM-T88VI supports co-existence, which allows users to add web and mobile POS services in stages, or run systems alone or in parallel if they choose."
Server Direct Print functionality allows the TM-T88VI to print direct from a web server.
It also supports beacons, to help mobile devices identify the nearest printer, making it ideal for POS environments with multiple printer installations, while NFC support makes it easy to pair tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices.
The TM-T88VI has exactly the same footprint as the TM-T88V, allowing you to upgrade to a brand new system without having to rearrange your counter space, and is available in both black and white to suit any shop, bar or restaurant decor.
- State-of-the-art receipt printer, with mobile connectivity, fast print speeds and great reliability
- Perfect for retailers who want to combine mobile POS with traditional PC applications
- Comes with Epson ePOS technology for printing from web applications and smart devices
- Can print from both USB and network(ePOS) – ideal for retailers migrating to mobile ePOS
- Prints at speeds up to 350mm/s
- Multiple greyscale printing allows better reproduction of logos and images
- Server Direct Print allows printing data directly from a web server
- Supports HTTPS for secure end-to-end transfer of data
- Backwards paper-feeding function, for efficient paper saving
- Comes with extensive tools for easy and cost-effective implementation
- Available in black or white, to suit shop or restaurant decor, and in Bluetooth or Wi-Fi models