In fact, over the next three years the worldwide online retail market is forecast to more than double from $1.6 trillion in 2015 to $3.578 trillion in 2019, with traditional retailer and ecommerce pure-players alike scrambling for a bigger slice of a rapidly growing pie.
Europe's leading ecommerce event, eCommerce Expo, will be taking place on the 28th-29th September 2016 in Olympia London and is designed to give you the essential tools and inspiration you need to grow market share in this fast-moving times.
200+ speakers. 15 theatres. All free
The packed agenda includes masterclasses in driving up conversion rates, branch out into global markets and help to achieve omni-channel customer experience.
To understand how ecommerce businesses can stay ahead of the curve, I have spent past few months interviewing leaders of cutting-edge online retailers and testing our content assumptions.
I can't wait to share with you the highlights of the agenda with you:
1. Killer Keynotes
Dave Coplin, Joe Pulizzi, and Renaud Visage take the keynote stage at ECE 2016
- We are delighted to welcome Dave Coplin, Chief Envisioning Officer, Microsoft UK to share his vision for how humans and technology will evolve together. This keynote promises to shape your way of thinking about the future of technology.
- Digital-enabled customer experiences with Ritesh Patel, Chief Digital Officer and EVP of Ogilvy Commonhealth Worldwide will illustrate how healthcare industry is grasping the power of digital and create better experience for their digital-enabled customers.
- Renaud Visage, Co-Founder and CTO of Eventbrite will discuss how he blends entrepreneurship with technology. Renaud will share the first-hand perspective on how to scale a business and cover the myths and realities of being a founder.
2. Cross-Border Ecommerce: Coping with Brexit, Growing in China and more
This year we have put a heavy focus on cross-border trade so you can be more clued-up than Boris Johnson about doing business in international markets.
Interactive panels and presentations will cover:
- How to cope with Brexit and win with our European partners. Join the panel to hear the insights from The Dune Group, Stylight, Grupa Alleggro, The Economist Intelligent Unit
- How to trade in China. Pivot Commerce will host a panel about how to crack the world's biggest ecommerce market. Featuring panellists from Waitrose, Avenue 51, Mountain Warehouse, and EU SME Centre. Alipay will give you a first-hand knowledge on the mCommerce opportunities in China. Download our guide to China here
- Learn about the Middle East with Nisreen Shocair, President of Middle East and North Africa of Virgin Megastore. Nisreen will explain how to unlock your store's potential in the international environment.
- Ecommerce in Africa case study with Konga, the largest ecommerce pure player in Nigeria share their unique story, and how they engage with their customers through tailored innovations
3. Cutting edge ecommerce technology and services
Across the show floor, over 100 ecommerce technology and service providers from conversion rate optimisation to payment and logistics will showcase the state of the art solutions that could help you to improve your day-to-day work, elevate commercial benefits, as well as make your customers happy.
- Don't miss: The Marketing Cloud All-Stars – a keynote debate where Joe Pulizzi will referee a head-to-head debate between IBM, Oracle, and Salesforce about the future of marketing technology.
4. Hear from brands delivering excellent online experiences
Get practical advice and inspiraiton from the UK's most interesting ecommerce brands. Speakers will include:
- Henry Eccles, Head of Ecommerce of Google share with you research they've conducted with 12 of the largest FMCGs and consumer electronics companies to demonstrate how digitised trade marketing can maximise your ecommerce capabilities.
- Chief Digital Architect of M&S, Sam Hill talks about how you can be bigger, faster, sharper and cheaper when ecommerce technologies are becoming disposable.
- House of Fraser team up with iAdvize to share with you the success of 'conversational commerce' and how to use live chat and messaging to get your customers more engaged.
- David Hathiramani, CEO of the exciting startup A Suit That Fits will how employees can become the best ambassadors for your business.
- VoucherCodes.co.uk, the UK's biggest coupon website tells you how they use mobile to drive footfall back in store.
5. Be part of a live experiment in the Neuromarketing lab
Visitors to eCommerce Expo are invited to take part in a live experiment in neuroscience in the keynote arena.
Prepare to have your emotional responses tested when you are exposed to different websites and marketing message, and learn some of the principles of neuromarketing that you can apply for yourself.
6. Payment and logistics masterclasses
Two theatres have been dedicated to payment and delivery in eCommerce Expo as logistics and operations of critical importance. Some of highlights from these theatres include:
- Payment – Ingenico ePayments, World First, Pockit, Trustly, Checkout, Elavon, Loviit, UKForex, Paysafe, etc.
- Delivery – Direct Link, Temando, Parcel worldwide, Shutl of eBay, James and James, Global-e, Royal Mail, etc.
Don't miss: IMRG's Head of e-Logistics Andrew Starkey, who will share with you how Brexit will impact cross-border logistics.
7. The UK's no.1 Ecommerce Awards
Now in their eighth year, the eCommerce Awards has consistently broken new ground in highlighting some of the very best online retailers, online companies, agencies, innovations, products and campaigns the ecommerce industry has to offer. This exclusive, Grosvenor Square event taking place on the evening of the 28th September, entries close on 8th August. View the 2016 finalists here
8. Three events under one roof
Technology is breaking down between marketing, ecommerce and customer service, so new for this year we are connecting eCommerce Expo with two other events: Technology For Marketing and Customer Contact Expo.
The three shows together provide education and technology about the entire customer journey from customer acquisition through to conversion and retention into one experience.
9. Directors Club Live
Running alongside eCommerce Expo, the Directors Club Live is an invite-only event featuring a high-level programme and networking event tailored specifically for ecommerce directors and heads of retail with thought-provoking research and presentations. If you think you meet the criteria and would like to attend, please let us know.
10. All this is free
I know, I know. You don't like to talk about anything as vulgar as money.
But free event with speakers of this quality makes eCommerce Expo the biggest and best value ecommerce event in Europe this year. So why not invite your team?
Register to attend here.